Crown Removal from 135,000 pound Verson Press
The MEI Rigging & Crating crew in Georgia completed a large project to remove a crown from a 135,000 pound Verson press machine (including the flywheel) to perform much needed repairs.
This press machine crown removal, which spanned over three days, was intricate and required various lifts to complete. Using the 100/140 Versa Lift, the biggest forklift available on the market with the capacity to lift 100,000 pounds easily or 140,000 pounds with the base extended, the 40/60 Versa Lift specifically built for power, maneuverability and up to 60,000 pounds in lifting power, and lastly the Hyster heavy duty, heavy capacity 15k forklift.
Our experienced team executed this project on time, on budget and with safety always in mind much to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Date of project: August 24-26, 2021
- Location of project: Morrow, GA
- What was being moved: Crown from a press for repairs
- Weight: Total weight including flywheel was 135,000 lbs.
- Equipment used: 100/140 Versa Lift, 40/60 Versa Lift and a Hyster 15K forklift
August 24-26, 2021