To our valued customers,
For over 25 years, MEI Rigging & Crating has remained operating in service to our customers through several significant national and global crisis. I am writing to affirm our commitment to you during this most recent emergency, the COVID-19 contagion.
Open for Business
The safety and ongoing viability of business operations, both our own and those of our customers, as well as the employees that rely on either for their livelihood, is of utmost importance to us. Additionally, a great many of our customers are operating in industries deemed a critical infrastructure industry as noted in the memorandum from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security dated March 19, 2020 (titled “Memorandum On Identification Of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During Covid-19 Response). Whether in healthcare, food, agriculture, energy, chemical, transportation and logistics, or construction, communications, information technology, critical manufacturing and defense, MEI is proud to support this critical supply chain. Regardless of your industry however, we are sensitive to what a work stoppage could mean both for your business as well as the customer base you serve, and are committed to supporting you in maintaining and expanding your capacity to operate.
Diligent in Maintaining a Safe Work Environment
In order to serve you appropriately, it is critical that we maintain the health and safety of our employees as well as yours. We have therefore instructed our local offices to maintain the following best practices related to personal and corporate hygiene:
- Follow personal hygiene best practices including the frequent washing of hands, avoiding any unnecessary personal contact with others and maintaining an appropriate distance as recommended by the Centers For Disease Control & Prevention (CDC).
- Increase the frequency with which our locations are cleaned and provisioned, most particularly the disinfecting of all common surfaces in and around MEI offices.
- Allow onsite at our offices only those employees critical in directing, dispatching, and loading out manpower and equipment and in servicing our customers and their freight .
- Daily disinfecting of door handles, knobs, steering wheels and any other frequently used surfaces on and in trucks, lifts, hand tools, jacks, skates, nail guns and all related equipment in use.
- Only those critical to the safe loading and transporting of equipment and tools will be allowed in and around trucks and trailers at MEI facilities. All others will be instructed to report to customer job sites directly from their homes rather than traveling together in company-owned vehicles in order to maintain a safe personal distance.
- Although all MEI employees wear full personal protective equipment (PPE) as a matter of employment, safety glasses and work gloves must be worn under all circumstances while on a customer job site or in an MEI warehouse or facility yard. No exceptions will be allowed under any circumstances.
- All employees have been directed to stay home if they are experiencing any illness symptoms, including those accompanied by fever, sore throat, dry cough, or shortness of breath. No employee will be allowed at work or on a customer job site should any symptoms of illness be observable.
- Any employees who have traveled outside of the U.S. have been directed to self-quarantine for 14 days upon re-entry and prior to returning to work.
As conditions change, MEI will adjust our internal directives accordingly and provide updates to our customers as appropriate.
Our team remains committed to safely providing you with best in class rigging, millwrighting, crating, export packing and warehousing services. We are here to serve you and are extremely proud in having the opportunity to do so.
If you have any questions or input on how we might better serve you or address these unprecedented times, please do not hesitate to contact me.
With best wishes and sincere appreciation,
President & CEO